Sunday, September 6, 2009

After the show

Well, another episode done. Normally, by the time I get home it's already 1:30AM.

Tonight was the first night we promoted the blog on the show. So the 'open' sign is on the door and I'll be expecting many more visitors to this site.

The episode tonight is actually episode 1 of season 2. Every season is 13 episodes, so we just finished our 14th episode tonight. Kind of relieved we've made it this far.

Before the show, I was talking to Cheng Hooi. This is the 3rd time we had him on the show. Most interesting guy.

He mentioned that the year of the Tiger is actually the bottom of market from the historical point of view. This is based on the previous crashes in the Malaysian market. So 2010 could be the bottom of the market. I asked him when in 2010, he said it was hard to tell still. Maybe some Feng Shui master out there would know better?

I also asked him of all the markets in the Asia-Pacific region, which one is the most interesting one now. He said it was Australia.

This actually reminds me of what the other analysts I've been speaking too have been telling me. For example, Tan Teng Boo from iCapital.biz berhad opened Sydney office not too long ago. Maybe I'll find an analyst who can tell us more about good Australian stock picks. Should be interesting now that Malaysian investors are certainly more savvy and are open to trading in foreign markets.

Actually for tonight, there was two other stock picks that I dropped from the lineup. One was Guiness Anchor which was rated as a hold with a Target Price of RM7.00. I figure it was the fasting month and it was just a hold, best to drop it.

The other one was Media Prima which was rated as a Buy with a Target Price of RM1.64. Since Media Prima owns Primeworks Studio (the production house that produces Stock Watch) and TV3, it would be biased to put it up as stock pick.

Anyway, each stock pick of the week slide is 30 second, so the two I dropped was already a minute which was taken up by Cheng Hooi's slot.

After every live show, we have a short production meeting with the host and reporters. So for next week, we're going to do more stock picks. It seems that people really like the Buy recommendations. Anyone wants to see a story on a sell?

Sasha is doing an interview with Jobstreet this Wednesday, so that story should be up for next episode. It would be interesting to see how the local job market is doing.

Also, I'm going to invite Andrew Lee, the Head of Research for Maybank Investment Bank to the studio for next Sunday. If all goes well, he'll have a stock pick he likes. If for some reason he can't make it to the show, I'm sure I'll have something lined up for the coming Sunday.

As in all live show, we can only plan for the best, and prepare for the worst!

I'll have Cheng Hooi's interview up soon. Got to get some sleep first.

No comments:

Post a Comment